Calculate your chances of getting into The University of Texas at Arlington - Arlington
Find your best-fit schools with our best-in-class chances calculator.Get your chances
Can I Get In?
Key Admission Stats
- Hispanic-Serving Institution
This school may consider an applicant’s financial situation when deciding admission
|Application Type||Application Deadline||Reply Deadline|
|Fall Regular Decision||June 1|
The college has rolling admissions, which means applications are accepted any time throughout the year.
Admitted Student Stats
What Students Are Saying
- ON FINANCIAL AID: Apply for aid early. 'Nuff said.
- DON'T GET A MEAL PLAN. This is the biggest ripoff known to modern man. The hours they serve are inconvenient and the university insists that they are. For example, in the fall I took out the largest meal plan they offered. I had an 8 a.m. class two days a week, and to eat breakfast before class, I had to get up and shower at 6 or 6:30 to get there when they opened at 7, and eat fast enough to get to class on the other side of campus by 8. Then, I had another class on the other two days from 5:30-6:50 p.m. and the cafeteria closes at 7:30 - yep, on the other side of campus. In the end, none of the meals will roll over to the next semester and you don't get a refund.
- BRING YOUR BIKE: (See Maverick Bike Shop above) You will use it all the time because it is difficult to find parking, parking is remote, you can use the close-in metered parking, but if you are one minute late, you can expect a $20 ticket the university will not cancel.
- LOCK UP SAID BIKE with a U-lock or a thick cable that can only be cut with a torch or grinder.
- CAMPUS COFFEE OPTIONS: There is more to campus than Starbucks. Two blocks from campus there is Health and Harmony Coffee House. Wayyyyyyy cheaper and better.
- TEXTBOOK OPTIONS: Check out BOOKDEFY, a textbook exchange online, or call the Maverick Bike Shop for information on the campus textbook library where students can check out their textbooks. Buying textbooks are expensive, so students should check out all other options.
- LOCK UP YOUR LAPTOP! A $50 laptop lock could mean the difference in your GPA, especially if your laptop gets lifted...
Join clubs and participate with campus events!
-Get advised ASAP
-Take a campus tour
-Tour your department
-Get face time with you professors & ask questions!
Commuting: If you’re driving 30 minutes or so to UTA, and your friends wants to hit the movies, which is around the corner, CARPOOL. It’s the best way to save gas and money!
MAC: After class and you’re bored? Hit the MAC. There’s so many things that you can do there. You can: exercise/workout, ping pong, racquetball, basketball, dance, do some yoga, and much more!
Events: There are so many events that are hosted by UTA. You should really take your time away from studying and try to attend at least two. It’ll help you release the stresses from studying or from stuff that’s been annoying you. It’s a great way to meet new people and have fun!
Making New Friends: You have very little friends but want to make more friends to keep yourself comfortable when walking on campus or being on campus? Well, what are you waiting for! Join some events, organizations, etc. It will help you meet new friends and eventually, you won’t feel left out anymore.
Organizations: There’s not an organization that you like or your type? Create one! There are so many organizations on campus so I doubt you need to form one, but if you do, do it!
- Waco, TX
- Houston, TX
- Denton, TX
- Nacogdoches, TX
- San Marcos, TX
- College Station, TX
- Austin, TX
- Richardson, TX
- Fort Worth, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- Lubbock, TX
- Denton, TX